Perfect Plain Brewing Company, Pensacola’s largest craft beer taproom, has teamed up with Vinyl Music Hall, Pensacola’s top live music venue, to create the first-ever Perfect Mile presented by Breakthru Beverage Florida and BlueWater Wealth Strategies.
One part “beer mile” race, one part outdoor block party and live concert, the first-ever Perfect Mile will be held on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The most unique part about this event is its location: PPBC and Vinyl have shut down Garden St. between Palafox and Tarragona – right between the PPBC and Vinyl locations – to run the race and keep the party going all in one prime location.
“Our company mission is about bringing our community together through incredible, collaborative experiences and great beer,” Perfect Plain co-founder D.C. Reeves. “Because of that, we’ve always dreamed about a great beer mile event. But to truly make it great, we knew we had to make it more than just about a run. It’s about bringing our community together for a great time.”
PPBC and Vinyl have created their own, party-friendly spin on the traditional beer mile. The Perfect Mile race will be run in relay teams of either two ($69 per team) or four ($119 per team). Each team will complete four, quarter-mile laps while drinking a beer between each lap. The two-person team members will run two laps each while the four-person teams will all each get one lap. Our new event encompasses the spirit and integrity of a Beer Mile while giving participants – serious runners and beer lovers alike – a memorable day of fun.
Race Registration is available at www.perfectbeermile.com starting today with the early bird team pricing. Limited space is available so sign up as soon as possible.
Prizes will be awarded to the three fastest teams, and the fastest runner from each heat will compete for best all-around female and all-around male. More importantly, prizes will be given to the relay teams with the best costumes, the best team Instagram post. The ultimate prize is the team with the Most Spirit.
The block party and outdoor concert begins at Noon and runs until 3 p.m. Two nationally touring bands will play the live outdoor concert following the race. New Orleans-based Sabotage, an energetic Beastie Boys
tribute band that includes members from Flow Tribe, Gravity A, Jealous Monk and Trombone Shorty’s Orleans Ave., will join Sabotage. Appetite for Destruction, a decorated Guns & Roses tribute band, as an impressive lineup of tunes that have drawn huge crowds to Vinyl for ticketed events. In this case, however, the concert will be free.
The event wouldn’t be possible without two presenting sponsors, Breakthru Beverage and Bluewater Wealth Strategies, T. J. Henriques, Certified Financial Planner, and John Hodgdon, III.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Perfect Plain Brewing Co.’s General Manager, Bryant Liggett, at email@example.com.
A portion of the proceeds will go to our Florida non-profit, Perfect our Plain, that goes to support local charities across the Pensacola area. We ensure that any contribution stays home to support our local community.
Rules and Regulations for the Beer Mile:
Teams will be made up of two-person and four-person relay competitors in a relay-style race. Each person on a four-man team will be required consume one 12oz beer and run a quarter-mile lap and then tag the next person. Each person on a two-man team will be required to consume two 12oz beers and run the first and third quarter-mile lap while the second person runs the second and final lap. The fastest male and female from each wave will compete in the finale race will consist of a classic beer mile – the fastest male and female will win best “All Around Male” and “All Around Female.”
1. Each competitor drinks a 12oz beer and runs a quarter mile lap. The order is as follows:
Four Man Relay
Player 1: Start, consumes beer, runs lap, tags player 2
Player 2: tagged, consumes beer, runs lap, tags player 3
Player 3: tagged, consumes beer, runs lap, tags player 4
Player 4: tagged, consumes beer, runs lap, finishes race
Two Man Relay
Player 1: Start, consumes beer, runs lap, tags player 2
Player 2: tagged, consumes beer, runs lap, tags player 1
Player 1: tagged, consumes beer, runs lap, tags player 2
Player 2: tagged, consumes beer, runs lap, finishes race
Finale Race – A Beer Mile
The fastest female and male from each wave will compete in the ultimate challenge – a full beer mile.
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is a 10 meter zone before the start/finish line on our quarter mile track.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure competitors run a complete quarter mile.
4. All competitors will drink the same 12oz Perfect Plain beer provided to each player. Beers will be served in a 12oz plastic cup.
5. Beer is not to touch the lips of the competitor until they have entered into the 10 meter transition zone and the official “start” gun sounds. Once the beer is complete, the competitor is required to tip the empty cup over your head at the end of the chug to verify an empty vessel.
6. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race immediately after the fourth lap is completed. Note: vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end.
7. The team with the fastest time wins 1st, second fastest time wins 2nd, and third fastest time wins 3rd.
8. The person with the fastest time from each “wave” will compete in the finale heat for best All-Around Male and best All-Around Female. This heat will consist of a classic beer mile. Each runner will consume one 12oz beer and then run one quarter-mile lap – 4 times to complete the mile. The same rules above apply to this race. The fastest female and fastest male will win best “All Around Female” and “All Around Male.”
9. Prizes will be given to the relay teams with the best costumes with the ultimate prize being the team with the Most Spirit.